UWOPED is a women empowerment based organization that is passionate about the work of empowering the society and thus its workforce consists of people from different nationalities, cultures, languages, and opinions guided towards how they can achieve this purpose. As per our point of focus, we are very much interested in ensuring excellence and working with young and energetic personnel who love impacting lives either as volunteers or employees. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on the grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability or their rate of doing what they are given. We highly ensure that employees and volunteers are joining us based on merit and that what they do can reflect the standard to which the organization is being managed. We seek to the solution for many single mother and those living in extreme poverty by empowering them with skills that can be used as a way of earning income in the long run thus we encourage volunteers from all over the whole world to apply and join the project as well as those who are from all within Uganda.
Use the options given to you below to identify which are you may be interested to work with us in before you apply;
- Art and Crafts
- Tailoring/ Fashion and designing
- Counseling and Guidance
- Proposal writing and review
- Computer training and practicing
- Transtendal mediation
What we are looking for when sourcing our volunteers and employee workforce;
We work with women who are facing pressing situations and have no one to help, women who are facing violence in homes from their husbands and who have become widows due to HIV or unintended divorce. For this reason, we seek people who are highly endowed with the following abilities when it comes to the field of helping out mothers i.e. individuals who;
- Are passionate about our mission and inspire others with their dedication and work ethic
- Can relate to the pain these mothers face as they work with them.
- They are ready to learn and encounter whatever it may take to ensure that they provide the necessary support and required aid to the mothers.
- Can work without detailed supervision to boast up creativity
- Bring innovative ideas, skills, and solutions to help save lives and build a better future for people forced to flee
- Are results-oriented, flexible and determined to make a difference
- Who has at least an ability to express themselves through English and Luganda or Swahili fluently?
- Have completed their secondary education (general/field service)
- Bring relevant work experience and skills